Minerva West Country Home Finders (MWCHF) Privacy Statement
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
This Privacy Statement applies to the use and processing of personal information collected and used by Minerva West Country Home Finders (MWCHF).
By using MWCHF website and any mobile applications or otherwise providing your personal information to MWCHF, you agree to the collection, use and sharing of your information in accordance with this statement. On registration you may have indicated that you were happy to be contacted by MWCHF with information about special features of our website or any other service or products which we think may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive this information please contact us as described below.
You may also have elected to receive information from third parties which we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information please contact us as described below.
Personal information is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell or share your personal information outside of MWCHF.
Information MWCHF collects
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources. This includes information we collect directly from you; information we collect when you visit our website, view our online content or use a mobile application or other service; and information we collect about you from other sources.
Information we collect directly from you
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs, create an inquiry on our website or use a mobile application or other service, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone and/or fax numbers
- Date of birth
- Demographic information
- Payment information (such as a credit card) and bank account details
- Future communication preferences
- Passport details
- Utility information
If you hold property via a company or trust we may also hold details on those entities.
Information we collect when you visit our site, open our marketing emails, view our online ads or promotions, or use a mobile applications or other service
- Information about your device browser and operating system.
- IP address
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- Our emails you open
Information MWCHF collects from other sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including publicly available sources, such as the Land Registry, Electoral Register, the internet, social media platforms or referral agents, etc. Examples of information we may collect from other sources are:
- Postal address.
- Email address.
- Date of birth.
- Income level.
- Publicly observed activities or information made available by you to the public, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, and user generated content.
How MWCHF uses this information
We use the information we collect to provide you products, offers and services, to deliver to you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests, and to conduct other MWCHF business operations. The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Send you email and/or postal messages with information about MWCHF, our other content we think may be of interest to you.
- Telephone you about MWCHF, and other content we think may be of interest to you.
- Develop and provide Marketing tailored to your interests, including interest-based marketing.
- Personalise your experience on our websites by presenting products and information tailored to you.
- Allow you to participate in social sharing on our websites.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- Analyse the use of, and develop, our products, services and marketing.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
- Develop new products and services.
- Enroll you in programmes and/or provide you with updates that you request, or that we think may be of interest to you.
- MWCH will only process your information in pursuance of our legitimate interest if we receive any requests related to, for example, a product or service, a call-back, or specific marketing materials; we will use your personal information to fulfill your request. Where we need to manage your account and protect you against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, we will do so in accordance with our legal obligation placed on us under law. We will seek consent from you if we need to process your data solely for identified purposes. To ensure meaningful consent is obtained from you, MWCHF will provide you with reasonable notice ensuring that your consent is provided on an informed basis.
Third-party service providers
We engage third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf eg: solicitors, planning consultants. In so doing, we may share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need in order to perform the services we request, and we contractually require that they protect this information appropriately and not use it for any other purpose. For example, we may rely on a 3rd party service provider to:
- Fulfil your service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications.
- Manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyse our data, sometimes combined with data from other sources, to send you communications.
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve our products, services and sites.
- Provide Photography, Energy Performance Certificates, videos and other services that we request.
Where permitted by law, we combine personal information about you that MWCHF has collected with personal information about you that a business partner has collected so we can jointly send tailored promotional communications to you. In such instances, our business partner will not be permitted to use MWCHF data or the combined data for its own, independent marketing purposes. Our service provider will only be allowed to use the combined set of information to send you joint communications that we hope will be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive these joint communications, you can always opt out by following the instructions provided in any such communication or through this Privacy Statement as indicated above.
We may transfer or otherwise process your personal information:
- As part of the sale of MWCHF to another company.
- To protect, defend or exercise the rights and property of MWCHF (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
Personal Information Retention Period
We will retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Aggregated and non-personal information
We share aggregated and/or anonymous information that does not identify you for MWCHF business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to MWCHF’s website or services.
Your communication options
- We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
- You can stop receiving promotional email messages from MWCHF by following the opt-out instructions provided in any such message you receive.
- You can stop receiving promotional postal mail from MWCHF by following the opt-out instructions that may be included within those communications.You can also stop receiving promotional email or postal communication through this Privacy Statement.
Mobile Text Messages
- We only send you promotional mobile text messages if you explicitly ask to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional text messages by following the instructions to opt out provided within the text messaging program.
- We only send you promotional mobile text messages if you explicitly ask to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional text messages by following the instructions to opt out provided within that text messaging program.We will honour your request to stop receiving promotional email, text and postal messages from MWCHF as is practicable. However, we may continue to send you service-related communications. We may keep information for record keeping to ensure we fulfill your request not to send particular types of messages.
- We take steps to keep your personal information accurate.If you wish to access and update your information, please contact us as described below. MWCHF does not charge for this service and responds to reasonable requests in an appropriate time frame.
- If you wish us to erase your data please contact us as described below and we will deal with your request as necessary under applicable law.
- To the extent provided by applicable law, you have the right to request rectification of your personal data; to obtain restriction of the processing of personal data; to object to the processing of personal data (including direct marketing) and to data portability. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below.
- Where you have provided consent for our processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us as described below. We will cease processing your personal data as soon as reasonably practicable following our receipt of your withdrawal.
- If you consider that we have processed personal data in violation of applicable law, please contact us as described below. If you consider that we have processed personal data in violation of applicable law and failed to remedy such violation to your reasonable satisfaction, you may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (e.g. the Information Commissioner in the UK).
Cookies and Other Technologies
- MWCHF and our third-party service providers use a variety of technologies to assess how our sites or mobile applications are used, to personalize your experience and to deliver you marketing, including online content, tailored to your interests. Some technologies we may use include the following:
- A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a site that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and your preferences, to provide you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests and to assess how our sites are used. You can accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s). Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our sites or other websites and online services.
- We may use third-party web analytics services on our sites, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how visitors use the sites. The information obtained for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers.The providers of third-party plug-ins and widgets on our sites, such as embedded videos and social media sharing tools, may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the sites and your interactions with the plug-ins and widgets. We may also receive information you have made available to those third party services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name, email address, gender, location, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personal website URL, and biographical information) and your contacts on those services. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of the third party providers of the plug-ins and widgets.
You may receive interest-based marketing, offers or other content as you interact with websites or mobile applications. Interest-based marketing is online marketing from MWCHF, that is tailored to your interests and sent to your device using a cookie or other identifier assigned to your device. These cookies or other identifiers are placed in general interest categories that we infer from information such as:
- The web pages you view and links you click on MWCHF website
- MWCHF’s emails you view, and the links you click in the email.
- Demographic data.
- Offline and online purchase data.
We have designed our interest-based marketing systems to deliver any such ads to you based only on data that does not personally identify you.
We respect your privacy
- You can limit your receipt of interest-based marketing on MWCHF website or in our mobile applications by different means.
Your choices regarding receipt of interest-based Marketing on websites
- You can choose to opt out from receiving interest-based marketing and MWCHF will honour that choice.
Your choices regarding receipt of interest-based marketing in mobile applications
- Some newer mobile device operating systems allow you to limit the use of information to deliver interest-based marketing in mobile applications. You can check the settings on your device for such options in your devices’ operating system.
Links to Third Party Sites and Social Media
- MWCHF and our company sites may include links to third-party sites. MWCHF does not control these third-party sites, and we encourage you to read the privacy statement of every site you visit.
Social Networks and Third-Party Plug-ins
- Our websites may include plugins from social networks or other third parties. An example of a plugin is the Facebook “Like” button. Where legally permitted, these plugins may communicate with and send information to the party that provided the plugin, even if you do not click on the plugin. This information may include your IP address, information about your browser and device, and the address of the web page you are visiting on our site. Loading, using or clicking the plugins may also place, read and transmit cookies. These cookies may contain a unique identifier the social network or third party assigns to you. The loading, functionality and your use of the plugins are governed by the privacy statement and terms of the party that provided the plugin.
User Generated Content
- Please remember that any information you submit or post as user-generated content to social media sites become public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal, financial or other information in such submissions or posts. MWCHF cannot prevent others from using such information in a manner that may violate this Privacy Statement, the law, or your personal privacy and safety. MWCHF is not responsible for the results of such postings.
- MWCHF is committed to keeping personal information secure. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for so long as deemed reasonably necessary.
- We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to recipients in other countries: (i) we will perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law; and (ii) we will protect the transferred personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Our sites are not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on our Sites.
Links to other websites and apps
- Our sites may provide links to other websites and apps for your convenience and information. These websites and apps may operate independently from us. Linked sites and apps may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
Updates to our Privacy Statement
- We will post changes to this Privacy Statement and indicate the effective date when this Privacy Statement is updated. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you most recently provided us or by posting notice of the changes on this site. Continued use of the service will signify that you agree to any such changes.